Thursday, January 28, 2016

winter night


Raining.
cold outside...
fire going,
candles burning,
and a vase full of tulips 
sitting on the island.

Home is my happy place.
Creating beauty is my love and inspiration.
Interacting with children has always been my strong suit.
Living peacefully with my husband in this place is my greatest gift.
I am thankful this night for all of these things.

But above and beyond all of the above
I am thankful
that God chose me to be His 
before the foundation of the world.
He provided His Son Jesus Christ to be my Savior.
He wrote a book
 ~ the Bible ~ 
and preserved it for me
so that I can read it and know Him.
And because His Spirit gave me 
faith to believe
that Jesus paid the price of His blood for my sin,
I am acceptable to God
and will spend eternity with Him.

Do you have faith?
Even if it is as small as a mustard seed,
Jesus said that is enough.
Read His word for yourself and ask for understanding.
He is faithful
and He answers all who call upon His name.

The truth of God is so beautiful!

No comments: