Monday, April 4, 2016

that moment when....


10:00 appointment.
Left house at 9:20 to go to the island.
Important text needed to happen
when I finished with said appointment.
Turned on some music.
All going well.
Got stopped by a train...
road work,
slow moving traffic.

It was somewhere between the road work and the slow moving traffic,
way too far east to turn back,
that I said to myself....
"I need to make sure I got my phone,
something tells me that I didn't."

Grab purse.
Now thankful for slow moving traffic.
Started digging.
Didn't "feel" it.
Tossed purse aside to pay more attention to the task at hand,
Driving.

Stop light....Yay!
I can find out for sure.
Grabbed purse.
Took everything out one by one.
It wasn't there.

After going through the 5 stages of stress,
starting with denial
and ending with acceptance,
I calmly drove on to the appointment
without my phone.

What in the world did we do before?
Completely lost without our cells....
unable to function properly,
totally rendered helpless.







No comments: