Saturday, October 29, 2016

yesterday on the beach


I think Octobers are the best beach months.
Still warm with that beautiful glow of the sun.....
Almost magical it is.

Lu and I took off on a lark yesterday afternoon after school.
We ate at the Crab Shack.
1/2 crab legs....1/2 steamed shrimp....
eaten out on the dock by the river.
We saw all of our furry and feathered friends,
checked out the alligators,
watched Gilbert the parrot do his thing for us.
Not much hurricane damage there,
thankfully.

Lucy couldn't believe that the condo was empty,
Lots of the wall board was gone.
the toilet was sitting in the shower.
all of the marble taken up....
Damage control underway.
Hurricane Matthew left his mark for sure.


I love this sunset picture...
I titled it
"Sitting on top of the world."

Lu and I watched that big ball of fire
drop and disappear in a matter of just seconds.
Look how calm the water was...
not a leaf moving.


We never got "Eddie Sharky" the kite up in the air.
There just wasn't enough wind to power it up.
We did find some sea glass and a very coveted shark tooth.

We stayed till almost dark.
Didn't want to leave.
Lucy is a very good companion.
We are old souls,,,she and I.
It doesn't take much at all to make us happy.
I love her.








No comments: