Sunday, October 1, 2017

October


This morning, when I stepped outside on the porch,
there was a noticeable difference.
There was a cool breeze,
a break in the hot, humid air that has prevailed for so long.
I could breathe!!!
I said out loud,
"Thank you Lord, Thank You!!"

The end of summer always makes me sad.
It's the light, you know.
I miss the light, the long hours of daylight.
But I never miss the humidity.

So we start a new season!!
It is good.
Fresh starts!
I love the touches of orange....
the smell of smoke wafting along in the air.

Speaking of smoke,
I am finally getting my fire pit.
Hope to have it in by Gus's birthday.
The man who came to install our new gas tank last week,
saw this pile of granite and,
come to find out,
he does that kind of work,
so, there you go.


One of Bubba's friends gave all of these to us.
The pit will have to be square,
but that is alright.
I just can't wait to sit around this fire in the evenings
and laugh and roast things with my peeps.
Such a blessing!!!


No comments: