Tuesday, February 13, 2018

happy birthday grammy #70


Here is the truth....
these kids and two more little boys down in Florida
are what birthdays are all about.
First of all,
you have to get a little age on you to be a grammy.
Second,
every one of them is special in a different way.
I absolutely love every little quirk.
They make my heart happy.
Third,
they keep me young at heart.
After my party last night I couldn't have felt more loved.


For my big day we have a tradition....
We order Lou Malnati's pizza from Chicago.
It is the most delicious pizza I have ever eaten.
It comes flash frozen and when you heat it up in the oven,
it is like it just came out of the kitchen at the restaurant.
Served with David's famous romaine salad,
it was everything I had waited all year for.


Lucy got out her "Back in the Day Bakery" cookbook 
and made Old Fashioned cupcakes for me.
Oh my, 
I cannot convey to you how delicious these were.
She also played "Happy Birthday to You" on the piano.
Lucy is my dream of a granddaughter.
She did so much work to make this party perfect.


I love that my birthday gets paired with Valentine's Day.
All hearts and flowers and sweet treats and candlelight.


Gus made me this card and gave me two gold coins.
That is Gus and me.
I love this for so many reasons....
especially that our skin tones match.


Archie made this card.
He worked on it for days.
It is intricate and perfect.
Notice the bluebird heading for his nest in the tree.
I love all that is going on in the house too.
What a sweet, amazing little guy is Arch.


Lucy finally got squared away on her new sewing machine,
so she got busy and made me several very useful gifts.
First, she made me a wallet.
She learned how to make button holes,
so I have a wallet that buttons up.
She also knows my love of reading so well
so she made me three bookmarks.

When we got home after the party,
 Jake and Eli had practiced two great songs that they sang and acted out for me.    
They provided the entertainment.

Thank you Lord for yesterday...for my 70th birthday.....
see how these children make everything so amazing?
I am truly and richly blessed.





No comments: