Sunday, February 11, 2018

on turning seventy


I don't feel seventy but then again I didn't "feel" 50 or 60.
Also, feelings are subject to change without warning.

I am well into my grandmother years.
One of the best things I've ever done!
I love being Grammy.

I love to decorate.
All things that make our home beautiful 
make me happy.

I love flowers.
I love to eat good food.
I love for our family to be gathered around the big farm table.
I love the holidays.
And yes, the ocean is still my very favorite place to be.

At seventy I am early to bed ~ early to rise.
Most nights I sleep like a log.
Most mornings will find me in front of the fire with a cup of coffee....
well into God's word by 6:15 am. 

I love watching our children raise their children.
They are a gift from the Lord.
One of my most cherished blessings.

Worshipping at our church every Sunday makes me happy.
Singing, hearing God's word proclaimed,
and fellowshipping with other believers
is a small taste of what heaven will be like.

My life is much quieter now.
I'm learning what's important and what's not.
I like quiet.

I am dealing with my first major illness.
(see previous post)

I am very, very thankful for my husband.
Many of my friends have lost their's
and it makes me so sad for them.

Reading is my passion.
Writing is a second passion.
I love words!

I love memories of the life I've lived.
I often think about the people and places that have made up the journey of my life.
Such sweet musings!!!

At seventy I am content!
That is a good thing.
I love my life!

Whatever God brings my way 
I know is from Him
 and I know that He will see me through to a good end.

"He has put eternity in my heart."



No comments: