Thursday, February 1, 2018

the big blue blood moon


Did you see it?
I only saw it bright and shining.
evening and morning.
I didn't see it eclipse. 
Neither did I see it shining red.
There are pretty amazing pictures of the blood moon on social media though.
God's handiwork never ceases to amaze me.

This is the narrow slip of road which leads to our beloved Tybee Island.
The full moon makes for really high tides which cause
the ocean to fill up vast areas of the beautiful marsh. 
 Sometimes the water even covers the road in spots making it impassable.
Recently, hurricanes have also brought a lot of water inland.
But thankfully,
God has promised that He will never again destroy the earth with a flood.
Genesis 9:11

With regards to the moon and all things viewed heavenward,
I love this verse....

"The heavens declare the glory of God:
And the firmament shows His handiwork."
Psalm 19:1

*Photo credit ~ Billy Harrell

No comments: