Thursday, February 8, 2018

getting my words back


This has been a cold winter indeed.
January passed swiftly.
Now it is February.....
my birthday month.
I will be seventy years old very soon.

"The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years."
Psalm 90:10b

The Bible is very clear on this subject.
Our time on earth is very short. (Psalm 89:47)

Back during Christmas,
I received the diagnosis everyone dreads;
a little innocuous sore on my tongue was a cancer.
I had surgery to cut it out (very painful and debilitating)
and have been convalescing ever since.
I am doing well....will start radiation on Monday,
my birthday.
The cancer was very small, caught early.
Just to make sure though,
I will have six weeks of radiation.
My prognosis is good.
Things like this though have a way of changing your perspective.

I will expound on this theme in the days and weeks to come.
I have so many stories to tell,
so many victories,
so many sweet memories of times flat on my back.

I find my strength in God's word and the people who have loved on me without stopping.
Sacrificial love in action.
God is good all the time.
He gives us what we need, always.







No comments: