Monday, June 18, 2018

creeping jenni and a riot of blooms


I have looked all over for the plant with the little button like blooms
called Creeping Jenni.
Yesterday Bubba and I went over to Bluffton for a
Father's Day outing 
and I found it at a nursery there.
Now it graces the urns on my front porch.
I just love!!


This is one of the deep red Crepe Myrtles that we planted a couple of years ago.
They are in full bloom.
Nice contrast with the green, green grass.


I forget the name of these beauties
but they remind me of daises.




I designed this gathering of lovelies.
Bubba lined this antique fire grate with moss
and I filled it with flowers.
The little birds have already found it and tried to build a nest.
Maybe they are drawn to beauty too.
It is sitting on my antique sewing machine.


The back porch is a riot of geranium blooms.
So far no deer have come to devour.
What a blessing.
These flowers bring me so much joy.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you;
I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh
and give you a heart of flesh."
Ezekiel 36:26

When I finish Ezekiel 
I will have read the whole Bible through since January.
Usually it takes me a year.

What a joy!

In July I will begin again.
It never gets old.
It always thrills my soul.
I never tire or want to stop reading.
It is God's word.
It is living and powerful to change the heart.
It keeps me hanging on.
It is beautiful.

Thank you God for Your word.






No comments: