Friday, June 1, 2018

fragile


At the nursery, the flowers look strong and healthy.
They look like they will be hearty enough to make it through the summer.
But I know the truth.
The heat and the deer will begin to take their toll.
They are really very fragile, susceptible, easy prey.
In a few months these flowers will fade and the leaves will turn brown.
Sometimes the deer come overnight and eat every single bloom.
Such are the things of summer.
I always plant though.
There is hope!

I will do my best to protect these beauties.
I will water them and feed them.
I will make sure they are in a good place.
I will diligently use  my "Deer Away" spray.

Cathy
I am fragile.
The cancer journey is fraught with unknowns.
The walk is a battle....
a war zone.
It leaves you battered, beat down, silent.
There are no promises for a good ending.
Everything you thought was important before loses it's appeal.
Like the flowers I have become
fragile,
susceptible,
easy prey.

Fragile...
Getting back out into the world is hard.
I want to stay cocooned, safe, protected.

Susceptible....
Feeling sorry for myself,
wanting to give up, 
overthinking 
being sad.

Easy prey....
Believing Satan's lies.
He knows when I am weak. 
He moves in quickly causing me to doubt God's precious promises.
There is hope!

God allowed this cancer.
He has a plan and a purpose for my life.
I need to keep trusting in His goodness to me.
In the power and strength of His Spirit
I will stay in His word!
I will keep believing every one of His good promises.
I will cultivate thankfulness in all things.
I will pray without ceasing.
I will resist and flee from Satan and his wiles.
I will relish in friends and family that love me unconditionally.
I will look forward eagerly to Jesus' second coming in the clouds.
I will keep heaven as my focus and my eternal home.
I will rejoice always and forevermore.

The above paragraph is my protection plan.
Just like I will protect my plants, I must protect my heart or else I will lose the battle.
"With God all things are possible."
He made these flowers you know.






No comments: