Tuesday, June 5, 2018

some things....


"Did you know 
Harbor Town Yacht Basin 
was inspired by a harbor in Portofina, Italy?  
Charles Fraser's vision 
was to attract mariners to Hilton Head Island
 while preserving the natural beauty of the landscape."
www.seapines.com/marina

So nice to live so close to this magical island.


Lucy sewed this bird for me for Mother's Day.
I am going to have it put in a little frame.
I love Lucy and her thoughtful ways.
She is very dear to me.


I found another one.

"Based on the experience of real-lifeAuschwitz prisoner
 Dita Kraus,
this is the incredible story of
a girl who risked her life to
keep the magic of books alive
during the holocaust."

I cannot read enough about the survivors of the hell that was World War II.
Their bravery and grit inspire my soul.


I love this bookmark that I found in an old book.
I cannot wait to go to bed each evening and fall asleep reading.
One of my life's greatest pleasures.


I made this pie on Saturday for our family.
Vintage Atlantic Beach Pie it is.
So yummy!!!



My favorite designer of all time passed away today.
Kate Spade allowed me to wear and carry
her whimsical designs which so coincided with my personality.
She will be missed.

Lastly....
a real breakthrough!
Bubba cooked a roast, scalloped potatoes, green beans and okra for dinner.
For the first time since all of this started, I actually enjoyed.
I could taste the food and it wasn't like ashes in my mouth.
Thanking God tonight for this progress.
I'm getting there!

So,
That's me today.
@cultivating thankfulness in all things.






No comments: