Tuesday, March 17, 2009

harry is awake!

Let me explain quickly as many of my blog readers do not know about Harry.

Eighteen days ago Harry was taken to the emergency room with breathing issues. Immediately he was placed in Pediatric ICU where he was hooked up to a respirator and put in a medically induced coma.

At that point machines and tubes took over the complete management of his body. He appeared to be sleeping peacefully. (He was in God's special care during this time)

Yesterday the doctor felt that enough healing had taken place so that he could be removed from the ventilator. All of us were skeptical as this had been tried twice before to no avail, but yesterday............

Praise God, he breathed on his own.

He opened his big, beautiful eyes and his mommy and daddy got to hold him for the first time in over two weeks.

I will write more later....still sick. My writing is not what it should be.

Cathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well who was the hisotoric one??
I missed it, I was number 20002
It really got to the high number in a hurry
ECD