Saturday, May 16, 2009

a dime in the sand

Just got back from a walk on the beach.
Darkness crept in from the east and swirling storm clouds from the west hastening my return.

The waves were pounding every other sound away....
making it the perfect place to calm my soul.

There is something about the ocean that causes me to stop and take notice of the smallness of my "self." All of the things that seem so devastating to me melt away when I allow thoughts of God's greatness to filter into the crevices of my mind.

I think that is what He wants His children to know. What we have to endure while we are in this sinful world is but a mere breath. His goodness and lovingkindness lasts for eternity. Keeping our minds fixed on Him will keep our soul at rest.

By the way....I found a dime in the sand.
I wanted to stay and dig for more but it was too dark.

cathy

No comments: