Monday, November 2, 2009

a mickey pumpkin

Scary? no.....but I don't like scary.
Neither does Lucy. She got that from her grammy.

This is one of three things that I bought at Disney.
I also bought a Mickey T-shirt and a DVD of the whole Disney experience.

The Coastal Empire Fair is here this week.
I have so many memories of that from my childhood.
I think Bubba and I are going tomorrow night just to look around.
Maybe see some prize winning animals.
I want some cotton candy.....that pink and blue swirled kind on a stick.
I will take my faithful cam and try to get some shots.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

The Bible says that Jesus saw the crowds and went up on a mountain. He sat down and his disciples came to him and he opened His mouth and taught them............

I have seen a picture of the place where it is said that the events spoken of above took place. The acoustics are such that a person can be speaking on the top of the mountain and people can hear with the human ear all over and down to the bottom. In the course of His teaching he drew a larger and larger crowd.

Remember from before the definition of the word "blessed." A man or women who is blessed gets his satisfaction from God and not from favorable circumstances.

"Poor in spirit." This means that there has been an "emptying."

One cannot be filled with thoughts of self and pride and be filled with the Holy Spirit. This is the first step in becoming a believer.....an emptying and a filling.

These are those who will see the kingdom of heaven.........."the poor in spirit."

"and He opened His mouth and taught them."
We have all of His teaching....it's right there in His Word.

What do you do with it?

No comments: