Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"the faithful witness in the sky"

Been hanging out in
Psalm 89.
God's words to His servant David....

Nevertheless,
My lovingkindness
I will not utterly take from him,
nor allow my faithfulness to fail. 
 My covenant I will not break,
nor alter the word that has gone out from my lips. 
Once I have sworn by my holiness
 I will not lie to David: 
His seed shall endure forever,
and his throne as the sun before Me; 
It shall be established forever like the
moon,
even like the faithful witness in the sky"
Psalm 89: 33~37

Tonight the moon is full,
visible,
a reminder
of the faithfulness of our God.
What a beautiful
analogy...
The faithfulness of God
is like the moon...
our "faithful witness in the sky."

Always,
for eternity,
 being faithful to rise and set
and do the work God ordained it to do.

Like the moon,
God's
faithfulness
is always on display.

Look back,
you should see 
His faithfulness 
in every aspect of your life if you are a believer.
 God is always faithful to us.
Are we faithful to Him?

(picture by Arinahabich/08
moon over the denver airport)

No comments: