Thursday, February 7, 2013

lucy o'quinn cleland.......


.....helped me decorate for Valentine's month.

She had a grammy special spa hair wash this morning...
that's why her locks look so 
shiny and beautiful.
Sorry about Gus...
he popped in the picture just when I snapped it 
and got cut out.

Lucy Loves Crab Legs
Every now and then Lu and I do something
wild & crazy.
Today, in the pouring rain,
we went to 
Red Lobster.
I ordered the lunch portion of crab legs.
She got some soup.
What we really like there are the
salads 
and the cheese biscuits.

First of all she asked if she could crack the claws for me.
Sure...
who wouldn't want someone else to do that tedious task?
She used the crackers and did a fine job.

As I was eating I asked her
if she would like to try some crab meat.
"Grammy, No.....they are nasty."
I waited a while and asked again.
She hesitated...
I put a small piece on her plate (dipped in drawn butter.)
She tried it.
A smirk appeared
and then she broke into her wide, beautiful grin.
She ate more and more...
examining all the shells for forgotten pieces of the luscious meat.

What have I done?
Creating another crab leg lover may be a problem..
but maybe not.
At least she can crack her own,
and maybe she can crack all of mine while she's at it.

My dad was always giving me money to eat lunch on.
I had saved a little bit.
Lu and I used the last of it today
for this special (very) crab leg lunch.

Crab legs...my favorite meal in the world.
Maybe, just maybe,
I'll get some for my birthday.
There's this tiny little tucked away place over
at Hilton Head
that we have never tried.
They say they are marvelous there.
Hope somebody sees this blog. :)


No comments: