Saturday, March 2, 2013

what she said about us


I found another treasure in the attic today.
This must have been the topper 
for Mom and Dad's wedding cake
69 years ago.
I love, love, love this!

I also found a poem she wrote entitled,
"My Jewels."
You will see why this too is a treasure....

"My children are my jewels,
Gifts from God each one.
He must have looked at them with pride and joy
when each of them was done.

Frank is sensitive and loving,
knows just how to touch my heart.
I find that he is quite like me,
needs time alone: Apart!

Cathy is winsome and full of joy.
Her beauty comes from within.
Her heart has room for all of us,
for family and for friend.

Teri is full of surprises,
both carefree and debonair.
She's tender with me and loyal,
and home to her is dear."

Finding Mom's thoughts about us so many years later.
How precious!


No comments: