Friday, September 11, 2015

my dream bath


I stumbled upon this picture the other day.
It made me catch my breath a little
and then I laughed.

What an extraordinary place for a bathtub,
right in the middle of your library.
Sit and soak and read to your heart's content.
What is better than that?

Bubba is amazed at the different places he finds me reading.
Sometimes walking around with a book in my hand.
Always in my big white chair in the morning.
Always in our bed at night.
In the car on a trip,
on the beach, 
by the pool,
in the loo.
Waiting.

Books are priceless treasures to me.
Words are jewels strung together,
painters,
storytellers.
They take you to faraway places,
back in time.
They evoke emotions,
make you cry and laugh.
They make you fall in love all over again.
Words teach,
encourage,
admonish.
electrify.

If you love to read you have everything.
and,
there are no commercials!!!




No comments: