Tuesday, June 12, 2018

these grandboys are so much fun


Giggling,
 laughing,
telling Knock-Knock jokes.
There is never a lack of fun when these boys are around.

So....
I have to have Dairy Queen chocolate milk shakes in my fridge.
They are my go to when nothing else can go down without pain.
They have carried me through the rough times...
no taste,
painful mouth,
psychological comfort.
Bubba keeps me stocked.
He is best friends with the Dairy Queen guy.

Jake and Eli love the Dairy Queen.
For special treats we take them there when we are together.
Amanda and the boys are here now helping me get better.

Eli's confession.....
Last night while riding along in the van going to the Dairy Queen,
 Eli said,
"Grammy, I have to tell you something.
I saw your DQ shakes in the fridge.
They looked so good.
I decided to take one little taste.
(It already had a straw inserted).
One little sip led to another.
I couldn't stop.
I almost drank the whole thing down.
I feel really bad about what I did."

I didn't even notice.
I just thought I had sucked up that much.

But O that confession.
We were all in the car.
It came out of the blue.
24 hours had passed and he just needed to get that off his chest. 
He could have drunk the whole thing and I wouldn't have minded.
As I always say...
Kids minds are the best of everything!
I love him and he is completely forgiven.

If all of us could be so quick to confess our sins to our Lord and be forgiven.
What a wonderful life would be ours.

No comments: