Tuesday, July 28, 2026

finding joy


So yesterday this majestic creature was spotted in my backyard.
He has a wife and a baby, 
but they were nowhere to be seen.
They come quite frequently.
They walk along the back of my property.
Always going the same way.

This picture was taken from my bedroom window.
He turned full on and was staring right at me.
I am always amazed when they come.
They are so quiet,
so graceful,
so muscular,
standing tall and straight on their stick legs.

If I forget to spray my rose bushes, they give them a good pruning.
I wish they didn't eat my flowers but,
I'm intriqued,
spellbound,
transfixed,
 staring right back.

God, You are unfathomable to me.
How amazing that you create such beautiful creatures.
From huge elephants to tiny spiders,
they are all dependent on you.
They are all different, beautiful, awe-inspiring.
You teach them just what to do,
how to take care of themselves,
sense danger,
 find their own food.
Thank You for this encounter yesterday in my backyard.

As we looked at each other eye to eye,
there was a connection between us.
He wasn't afraid.
He let me gaze as long as I wanted and slowly ambled on his way.

Finding joy right outside my window.
𐂂





 

No comments: