Tuesday, October 1, 2013

10 ~ 1


Just watched a gorgeous sunset from the deck of our condo.
The evening was beautiful....
the sky so blue
it made the water shimmer the exact same color.
A tiny bit cool
with a gentle breeze
made it an almost perfect ten afternoon.

Look at the picture above.
I found it this past Saturday in an antique shop.
It is done in oils.

I had been searching for a
"stormy scene"
to go in our "bedroom painted gray."
It was sitting on a fake mantelpiece
 surrounded by some really awful junk.
When my eye saw it I knew it was a keeper.

I was afraid to look at the price tag,
expecting it to be "too much," but it was only
$34.95.
Bubba haggled for a discount,
and he got it for just over 
$30.00.
It is signed by the artist.
Other than a soiled linen border,
the rest of the weathered solid wood frame is in excellent condition.
Soon we will take it to a gallery downtown
to see what it is really worth.

Sometimes,
and this is why we love antique shops,
you find an awesome treasure
amid a pile of trash.

Two treasures....
this evening at the beach and my beautiful framed oil painting.
Thankful tonight....very.




No comments: