Wednesday, October 16, 2024

happy birthday gus # 14


If anyone had told me when I was young that I would be this boy's grandmother,
I would not have been able to imagine it.

Gus has brought so much joy into our lives.
What a privilege and honor God bestowed on us,
 when He picked him to be a part of our family.


One of my cherished Happy Birthday plates.
Gus was served his birthday dessert on this plate.


Early yesterday morning I made an angel food cake.
After it cooked to perfection I removed it from the oven,
placed it on a drying rack,
and it promptly fell into several large pieces on the kitchen counter.
After I mumbled,
"Why?"
I went to work retrieving the broken cake and placing it on its pedestal stand
until time to cover it with strawberries and fresh whipped cream.
Maybe nobody would see how bad it looked.
Just to make sure I covered it up with a napkin.

No one batted an eye.
No one cared how silly it looked.
It tasted great and that's all that matters.


Gus asked for money for his birthday this year.
He is saving up for his class trip in the spring of 2025.
He also won both prizes in our game of lawn darts.
He went home with a lot to add to his savings.


I never know what I will get in these photo shoots.
We were singing Happy Birthday to Gus.
All four shots I took had Harry looking like a zombie
Where was Erika?

Gus lives life with a passion in his soul.
It's fun to watch him come into his own!

I 💗 Gus!














 

No comments: