Monday, October 14, 2024

memories of hurricane helene


One of the things I missed the most during the long power outage was hot water.
Hot water is definitely something we take for granted.
Actually, I was very thankful to have water running through the faucets.
But I truly missed hot water.

Thankfully, I have a natural gas stove.
When I remembered how to light the burners I was in business. 
I boiled water to make coffee,
to wash dishes,
to wash myself.
All of my family were jumping in a cold shower.
I couldn't bring myself to do that.

The picture is of my laundry room
I found another use for it...my hair-washing station.
I gathered all my supplies and got it done.
It was a bit laborious.
I made a mess...
but the wonderfulness of fresh clean hair was worth it all.


There was no electricity for my hair dryer.
I let it dry naturally.
It became a frizzy mess,
but it was clean.

I'm so thankful that God didn't bring me into this world in pioneer times.
I can't even imagine how those poor women survived.





 

No comments: