Friday, November 23, 2018

thanksgiving at our house


Maybe
 it's because at the the beginning of 2018 
I wasn't sure there would be another Thanksgiving for me 
on this earth with these people.
This Thanksgiving was amazing, sweet, quiet, and perfect.
So many lovely memories to store away for later.
I have never been more thankful, more content.



We cooked our turkey bird in the oven this year.
He was delicious or so they said.


This Grammy gave her grand boys a lesson in the "finer" things of life,
Crystal and candlelight,
fine china and cloth napkins.
It was a special day indeed.


The new kitty, Sirius Black was here.
He got a little bit of our turkey thanks to Eli and I.


Granddaddy carved the turkey for us.


Amanda and I cooked all of the side dishes.
My favorite was the sweet potato casserole.


After dinner pics...
always a tradition.
Jake & Eli growing fast.


After dinner we played Thanksgiving Bingo.
The boys won a fistful of dollars.


Thank you God for the blessing of family.
We sorely missed the Cleland bunch.
They were with Erika's family this year.

So very thankful for God's bountiful blessings that He lavishes on us.










No comments: