Friday, November 30, 2018

the tree in our front yard


When we moved to this house five years ago,
these trees were mere sticks.
The builder placed two of them symmetrically in front of our home.
This Fall they have been beautiful.
Every morning when I look out they have shed more leaves and turned more golden.
Notice how the top leaves are the first to fall.
God's handiwork on display.
I am thankful for the beauty of this earth!
Thankful also for the seasons.

Thankful today for God's word.
In a few more weeks I will finish reading it through for the second time this year.
I thank Him every night before I fall asleep that He gave us this book of words.
He wants us to know Him.
There is no other way to know about God except to read His book.
I would say, "Treat yourself to this feast."
Love God...love His word.

I just want to take a moment to thank God for my husband.
For almost a year now, Bubba has brought food for me into our home.
He has unselfishly put me first and made sure I am provided for.
He makes me his priority...
from Dairy Queen milk shakes,
 to Panera baguettes
 to broccoli-cheese soup from Fresh Market...
food is always here when I need it.
He even budgets for my vitamin infusions which I need every two to three weeks.
He has enabled me to stay strong and healthy while not eating very much.
Thank you to this man who has a servants heart to help others.
I am truly blessed!!


No comments: