Tuesday, November 6, 2018

we have lemons in our side yard


2018 has been the year for us.
Everything we planted has thrived!
A while back Bubba went to Hesters and bought this lemon tree.
It was delivered in a truck and planted by an expert.
After much loving care we have fruit.
So exciting!

We still don't know what happened to the deer.
We heard that the neighborhood had a controlled "kill off."
So far no deer at all.
We could not be happier.

So...early darkness has descended once again.
No more yard time after dinner.
No more digging in the dirt after supper.
Night time at 5:30.
But that's okay.
The holidays are coming.
I will light up the house with thousands of tiny little lights.
Wouldn't seem like Christmas if it was light until 9:00 pm anyway,
so bring it on.
No Seasonal Defective Disorder for me.
I will be thankful no matter what the seasons bring.
God is in control of even this.

"A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted."
Ecclesiastes 3:2b

PS...We are not going to New York for Thanksgiving.
I can't remember if I even wrote this possibility in my blog.
The truth is, 
I'm not quite ready for a trip of that magnitude yet.
Will look forward to being in the Big Apple in the future.

🍎





No comments: