Saturday, November 10, 2018

give thanks


When I'm down and out,
When my thoughts descend into darkness.
When my life seems out of control,
Thankfully the Holy Spirit in me says "Hey Cathy, stop, remember who you are girl."

This world is not my final destination.
What happens here is only temporary.
What awaits me is a place with no more sorrow, no more tears.
This is made possible by the work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Thankfulness is the antidote to depression...
Knowing that everything comes to us by God for a reason,
that He is Sovereign over all things,
that He is using everything in our life to get us ready to live forever with Him in eternity.

To thank Him for whatever comes our way is the secret to peace and happiness on this earth.
I don't do this perfectly, of course.
Many times I get on that downward spiral of crazy, unholy thoughts.
But I'm so thankful for that check in my soul that always brings me back to the truth.

I read the verse below just now.
May this be the first utterance on my tongue every morning
and the last thing I think about before I close my eyes to sleep.
No greater gift was ever given.
That would be Jesus.

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift."
II Corinthians 9:15

No comments: