Sunday, June 9, 2019

new beach hat


The crepe mrytles are gorgeous...
more blooms than they've ever had.
I stopped to smell the flowers before we left for church this morning.
FYI they have no sweet scent.
Somehow it became the perfect time to model my new hat.
BTW I didn't actually wear it to church.
Poor person who sat behind me wouldn't be able to see.
👀

We are making up for all the rain we didn't get in the last month.
How perfectly refreshing!
What a lovely Sunday afternoon nap I just had.
Lots of thunder & lightning.
The grass is soaking it up and trying to grow again in the dead areas.

So...
this morning before church,
 I managed to decimate something very dear to me.
You have seen before on this blog my tall glass container of shells,
a lifetime of shell collecting,
 displayed with love on our coffee table.
Long story short,
that container of beautiful shells of all sizes
fell over and broke into a maze of shattered glass.
The noise of it all brought Bubba running down the stairs.
He thought something had happened to me.
It was totally my fault...
can't blame anyone but myself.
After the shock and the sounds of breaking glass,
I sat down in my chair and cried.
After the cry,
I felt better.


Very sad!



Most of the shells remained intact.

Thankful for Bubba who came quickly to comfort and console and help me clean up the mess.
Thankful to God that no one got hurt.
Thankful for Pottery Barn on line that I was able to find a similar vase.
I will recreate that beauty.





No comments: