Monday, June 3, 2019

we got it all wrong


I refuse to start out this post with a picture of an armadillo.
These are some of the flowers that I planted last week.
I love the blue flower pot.
It looks great in the yard with the green grass and the pine straw.

So...I will start with what we got wrong.
The deer have not returned.
So thankful for that!
Deer don't destroy just one or two plants,
they destroy everything you've got and you can't get rid of them.
They are unrelenting.
Cute in a Bambi sort of way, 
but not as yard guests helping themselves to all of the flowers.

🦌

Our problem is All about Armadillos.

We thought there was just one...
but actually two of the critters had taken up residence in our forest.
The one that Bubba shot at the first evening miraculously survived.
The second evening the armadillo that we thought was 
dead came back well and strong 
and brought a buddy.
Again,
I was out watering my plants.
I heard the rustling and here they came,
proud and jolly as ever doing their happy dance.
I called Bubba and again he appeared with his pellet gun.
This time he made sure that one of them won't be back.
He shot him dead as a doornail.
The other scampered away and we haven't seen him since.


Armadillo means "little armoured one."
The armour refers to the bony plates that cover the back, head, legs, and tail 
of these odd looking creatures.
The are native to Central and South America
 and have migrated up to the southern states of North America.
The Armadillo is the State Animal of Texas.
(They must have been hard up for a state animal.) 
😏 
They are most known for their notorious digging habits.
(They have dug up large portions of our backyard.)
They are known to be carriers of the bacteria that causes leprosy.
That's enough right there for me to want them gone.
Disgusting!

One more thing.
The picture I didn't get...
After Bubba killed the varmit,
he picked him up by the tail to dispose of him.
He was very proud!
So was I.






  




No comments: