Tuesday, June 18, 2019

this is 13 (and a half)


I have always, always been enamored of this girl.
She is my Lu girl,
Lu Blue,
A huge ray of sunshine in my life.
She has waited patiently for me to get better.
The cancer knocked my socks off.
It rendered me unable to function for quite a while.
This girl hung in there with me.
She would quietly ask...
"You feeling better Gram?"
"Are you able to taste anything yet?"
She would bring me little gifts that she made,
a scented candle,
a small bouquet of flowers,
a bookmark...
she shares my passion for reading.
Her heart of compassion is simply genuine.

Last Friday we had a date.
I picked her up and we headed straight for the beach.
We ate at The Crab Shack which used to be a regular haunt for us.
We had to check on CJ the cat and Gilbert the bird.
We had to get our "half and half" pictured below.


She eats the crab and the corn and I nibbled on a few shrimp.
I'm still not eating much.
She understands completely.
The fun for us is being together and sharing a meal.

Afterwards we fed the alligators and then headed for the condo pool.


Then we came home and watched a movie...
The Greatest Showman.

On Saturday morning we got out the games...
Uno,
Spot It,
Old Maid,
&
Monopoly.
All the old favorites we always played.
We laughed and laughed,
bent double,
tears of joy pouring out.

Before I took her home we had lunch at the Mexican place
and then bought some books at Barnes and Noble.
I had some good coupons.

📚

The old lady and the pretty young girl have a great time together.
She is one of God's gift to me.
Thank You Lord!

"You Set Off A Dream In Me"
Never Enough
The Greatest Showman







No comments: