Wednesday, May 6, 2020

getting through the darkness


That's how fast depression descends.
When joy inhabits my soul and there is finally a bright light at the end of this dark tunnel of grief,
it comes quietly and without warning.
It grabs ahold and sinks down deep and nothing can shake it loose.
It catches me by surprise although it shouldn't.
Depression is very familiar to me,
 it has been a frequent companion for many years.
The only help is this...

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

As Spurgeon puts it...
"Underneath me I found the everlasting arms."

I've been resting in those arms and I'm getting better.
God is good ALL the time.

I found this verse in my searching yesterday.
It gave me great comfort.
This is how I get better...reading God's word...
believing the promises that I find.

"Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand. 
With Your counsel You will guide me,
and afterward receive me to glory."
 Psalm 73: 23&24

I love this picture...
God has taken hold of my right hand.
How perfect is that!
The God who made the earth and sustains it has hold of my right hand.
Such comfort!

❤️


No comments: