Sunday, May 31, 2020

tears in a bottle


I thought I just might make it through church this morning 
with my tears not making an appearance,
 but it wasn't to be.
They are always right there and it doesn't take much.

We sang Rock of Ages.
When we got to the last verse, 
I felt the familiar sting.

"While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne..."

Bubba has done the above and it's very real to me.
I heard his fleeting breath and I saw his eyes closed in death.
All of a sudden I was back to that day,
kneeling before him,
trying to rouse him,
but he was already rising to worlds unknown.

I'm happy for him that he is with Jesus,
but I'm sad and I miss him so much.
God keeps our tears in His bottle.
(Psalm 56:8)
They are precious to Him.
I am thankful.

😢


No comments: