Wednesday, May 13, 2020

living in the light

"Every good and every perfect gift is from above,
 and comes down from the Father of lights,
 with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning."
 James 1:17


Some of my absolute favorite things...
flowers cut from my yard.
Little antique vases that belonged to my grandmother.
Sprigs of rosemary, my favorite herb.
I am loving these cool spring mornings and evenings.
Most days you will find me in the backyard digging.


Cooking.
I found my Grandmother O'Quinn's sour cream cake recipe the other day.
I made it in my beautiful mixer last Saturday.
It came out perfect.
It is David's favorite dessert.
Now Harry has asked for it for his birthday.
These cooking stories make me happy way down deep in my soul.


Just out of the oven and ready to savor.


Amanda sent me this book as a surprise in the mail about a year ago.
I loved it so much that I just finished reading it for the second time.
Beautiful words that I wish I had written.
I could have been the Marsh Girl living in isolation by the ocean.
It's not too late for me to do that you know. 😉


The morning sun streaming in through my closet window.
The way the sun floods my house astonishes me every day.
I stand there and thank God for His light.
I am living in His light.
God is light!
Light vanishes the darkness and the darkness flees in its presence.

All good gifts come from God.
Since losing Bubba He has flooded me with so many sweet, precious gifts.
Each one of you who read is a gift from God for which I am thankful.

@movingtowardthattinysliveroflight
@learningtogivethanksinallthings
@gratefulheart
 ❤️






No comments: