Saturday, April 27, 2024

red sun glasses


Many years ago we were invited to go to the race track in Savannah.
The kids were still little and they were thrilled.
Somehow we were allowed to sit on the rear of the race car
and take a slow ride around the course.

It was such an exciting afternoon,
but this post is not about the race track.
It is about my sunglasses.

I bought the sunglasses at Anthropology, one of my favorite stores.
They were my favorites.
The kids loved them.
They were referred to as Grammy's red sunglasses.
I always had them on when we were outside.

One day we were at the beach out frolicking in the ocean.
A big wave came and knocked them off of my face.
We all scrambled to find them,
but they went out in the current and I never saw them again.

The joke was and still is that Dolly Dolphin,
the heroine in a favorite book we used to read over and over,
took them out to the depths of the ocean and is still wearing them today.

I miss those sunglasses and hope that one day Dolly will return them to me.
I have been told that she now lives in the waters directly in front of my beach condo.
Pods of them are frequently out there putting on a great show.

Speaking of the ocean,
we have never heard from the bottle we sent out into the Atlantic Ocean last June.
Inside was a $5.00 bill and my email address.
I keep hoping we will hear from someone one day.
I would love to know where it landed.


Off the end of the pier ~ There she goes to parts unknown!
Tybee Island, Georgia
6/17/23




 

No comments: