Wednesday, July 23, 2014

house party


There is one thing Bubba and I never have....
a dull moment.

Yesterday,
Erika had gone to get Gus.
She met her parents half way to retrieve
that sweet little fella.
Harry B went with her.

David stayed home with Archie,
who is in his second week
after major surgery.
Lu had stayed home to
entertain the little patient.

Just like that their air conditioner fizzled out.
Now in Savannah, at the end of July,
one cannot even breathe without
conditioned air.

So they bundled Archie in the car
and came out here to our house
where mercifully
we still had air.

In the meantime,
Bubba and I got sheets on all the beds,
I did a quick bathroom touch up,
 he ran to the grocery store to get party supplies,
and we were ready.

Friends, it became a regular house party here.
Lucy helped me water the flowers.
She got soaking wet.
We had ice cream sundaes
while the men watched the Braves game.
There were people in beds everywhere.....
 A large amount of whooping and hollering was going on.

Erika, Harry, and Gus joined us late, 
when they got home from the road trip.
We hadn't seen Gus in almost two weeks....
there was much rejoicing over him.
He marched in the door and said,
"Hey Grammy...
Where's Granddaddy?"
That made Bubba's day!

I love impromptu house parties.
They are the absolute best!

I love the picture!
I love folk art!
I want to go to a house party like that!
That's Bubba and I sitting by the stream....
Amanda in the red polka dot dress.
Erika and David have their feet in the stream,
and Mark is toasting the dancers.
The kids are all in the house
except for Jake,
who is standing by the stream.
We are all drinking
lemonade.

*Archie survived.
They got the air back very late this afternoon.

No comments: