Monday, July 16, 2018

at spanky's with this boy


Harry is doing World War II camp at the Mighty Eighth Museum this week.
At night he is bunking here with us.
He chose chicken fingers for dinner.
Of course that means going to Spanky's 
because they have the best in town.
This chicken graces the front door of the restaurant....
always calling for one of the kids to come ride him.

One more casualty of my radiation....
My pierced ears grew back together.
I could no longer wear the beautiful diamond earrings that Bubba gave me.
So, today I got them pierced again.
Seems as if there have been a lot of painful things in 2018.
Yes, painful.....
 but I missed being able to wear earrings.
They are part of feeling like a "girly" girl.
Six weeks before I can wear the diamonds,
but at least the deed is done.

This summer is moving on.
Already the end of July.
The kids are talking about going back to school.

Thanking God tonight for loving me in spite of myself.
He doesn't love me for what I've done or how good I am.
Everything I've done in my lifetime that is worth anything at all
was enabled and brought about and sustained by Him.
And, I am definitely not good...
According to the Bible, every thought and intent of my heart apart from Him is wicked.
He loves me because He chose me to be His in Christ.
My faith is in Christ alone....
In what He did for me on the cross for my future.
That is grace.
In Him I am righteous, not by anything I have done.

No comments: