Saturday, September 22, 2012

happy first day of fall

 
There has been a lot of talk about "fall" lately.
 
The seasons they have changed once again.
Where did summer go?
Seems like it went by in a flash.
 
Fall is nice if summer has to go.
Lovely weather for the most part,
but the days are getting shorter and shorter
and winter is coming.
It makes me shiver just to think about it.
They,
whoever they are,
say it's going to be a really cold one this year.
 
I posted the picture above as a haunting reminder of
"the other fall."
The bike and the scattering of fall leaves....
fitting I would say.
Bubba is trying to encourage me to get
back on my bike.
 
"Not yet," I said.
I want the goose egg on my forehead to go away....
I want to be able to eat right
and walk without feeling like I'm going to stumble over.
I want all of those things that were
shook up in my head
to be quiet and still for awhile.
I want to feel normal again.
 
One day real soon I will,
but not right now....thank you.
 
"For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again....."
Proverbs 24:16
 
The above verse is speaking of another kind of "fall,"
falling into sin.
When we fall into sin,
we are able to "rise again"
because of the shed blood of our
Savior,
Jesus Christ.
(needed to clarify that verse.)
 
 
 

No comments: