Monday, September 17, 2012

weaving an intricate web

 
The light was brighter than any I'd ever seen.
The doctor had on a pink shirt and a tie
with tiny ballerinas all over it.
Later he told me that it was his daughter.
Standing over me,
with the light creating an aura, 
it looked as if he was weaving an intricate web.
 
Over and under...
to this side and that,
back and forth
and then up and down.
 
Actually,
he was sewing my lip back in place.
The impact when I hit the ground
split my bottom lip wide open.
Even with numbing,
it hurt like crazy.
Bubba
was watching the procedure
from the foot of my bed.
 
Over and over,
silently,
I kept saying to myself,
"Thank You God."
 
"In my distress I called upon the Lord,
and cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
and my cry came before Him,
even to His ears."
Psalm 18:6
 
God got me through....He always does!
Thank You God.
 
 

No comments: