Thursday, October 4, 2012

a bald eagle

 
Jake Barrington Hollingsworth
 is my
first-born grandson.
 
He is one-of-a-kind,
a leader.
A confident, fearless,
born to go places little guy.
 
One of his weak areas, though,
is that he is at times
completely oblivious.
If you point out a bear standing right in front of him
he may look to the right
 and the left
and he may not see the bear at all.
 
Today,
while driving away from the
Chick-Fil-A in Williamsburg,
he miracuously spotted
 the bald eagle
that you see in the picture above.
Maybe he is developing a keen eye after all, Amanda.
 
I talked with him on the phone this morning.
His first question was,
"Grammy, is that red stuff still all over your face"?
When I told him
that my face was mostly healed up,
 he gave a shout of joy
 and told his little brother Eli
 the good news.
Both were exuberant.
I just love their love for me.
 
I also love nature
 and bald eagles
and getting to share all of that
with my grandbabies.
 
 

No comments: