Monday, October 1, 2012

roses for moma

This morning my Dad and I went to
Bonadventure Cemetary.
We picked up a big bundle of roses
and I made a beautiful arrangement to place on
 my Mom's grave.
 
Five years ago this morning she passed from this earth.
I was standing by her side holding her hand when she went away.
For all of her cookbooks,
pots&pans
shoes and sweaters
purses
and her collection of angels
she had no more need.
She left all of her earthly possessions behind.
 
I miss her....can't believe it has been five years.
 
We can't settle in here.
Life on this earth is temporary.
We are promised eternal life and mansions in glory
but we must first pass over to the other side.
We must leave all that we know and love,
put all of our trust in Jesus,
and believe Him
for all He has promised.
 
How do I know this?
It is plain spoken in the word of God,
and Jesus
has given me His Spirit
to have faith in all that it says.
 
Roses for Moma today...
I'll always love you sweet one.
 
 

No comments: