Saturday, October 27, 2012

tale of the missing button

I am quite aware that by writing this
I am opening myself up for an early entry into the
rest home.
 
The last few weeks of my life have been incredibly busy.
Tuesday night last was a big family party
 honoring my sister Teri
whom we hadn't seen in over a year.
 
At some point my Lu arrived with the above pajama top in her hands.
One of the buttons had fallen off
and she asked me to sew it back on for her.
(I do all of her mending)
 
I keep my daily vitamins in a shell plate
so I will remember to take them.
I told her to put the button in the shell plate
so that it wouldn't get lost
and then I set about being the
"hostess with the mostest."
 
After the party and just before I fell into bed exhausted,
 I took all of the "pills" in the shell plate.
 
That was Tuesday.
I have been looking for that button all week.
I've looked everywhere.
Today I wrote Lu to ask her if she remembered where she put the button.
"Of course Grammy, I put it in the shell plate."
 
When it dawned on me
 that I had "taken" the button along with my vitamins,
everything started to make sense,
 the horrible pain in my stomach
 must have been the button making its way through.
 
We need a little white button with two holes.
Anyone got one?
 
 

No comments: