Sunday, October 7, 2018

fall decorating


I decorate for the seasons in our home.
Everything is taking on the beautiful hues of Fall.
I have a collection of miniature houses.
Harry is mesmerized by them.
This year I decided to give him full reign to set them up.
Have at it Buddy.
Let your creative juices flow.

Confession...
I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to decorating.
Decorating is one of my passions.
I never wanted my children to hang one ornament on the Christmas Tree.
I needed the tree to be perfect...
my kind of perfect.

When you get to be a Grammy all of that changes.
There's just something about grandchildren.
I knew that setting up our fall scene would thrill a couple of little boys.
(Archie helped Harry)
They worked really hard and created a wonderful scene.
I praised and thanked them profusely.

Every bone in my body wants to go to the hutch and
"change a few things."
I want it to be perfect all the way down to the silk fall leaves...
my kind of perfect.
But I will not touch it.
I love it just the way they finished it.
I feel great about my decision to leave it alone.
I am learning to relinquish control.

I study the scene a lot.
I see it through their eyes and it makes me very happy.

😉



I made my aunt Clyde's pecan pie for dessert at our feast this weekend.
The recipe is over seventy years old.
Always delicious!


Boys playing in the beach room.
I love them so much.
They enrich our lives and make us laugh out loud.

*I am thankful today that God is in control and not me.







No comments: