Friday, July 19, 2024

first bloom


I spotted a little bud one day and the next day it was in full bloom.
Shocking!
My climbing rose bush is flourishing.
Look below to see how much it has grown.


I need Lucy to get home from Hope Heals Camp to help me tie this new growth back to the trellis.
What a wonderful gift this has been.

Amanda was here this week.
We threw caution to the wind
 and took in all the sights, sounds, and restaurants we could get to in three days.
We talked and laughed and just enjoyed each other.
It felt like the good old days.


We spent one morning with Anna and Sadie.
Sadie is the family baby.
She is five months old and changes every time I see her,
We went shopping and out to lunch at the Chicken Salad Chick.

Of course, we had to hunt down some fresh Georgia shrimp
for Amanda to take home.
We have the most delicious shrimp fresh from the ocean available right here in Savannah.
They cannot get good shrimp in South Florida.

She left yesterday morning to get back to her boys.
My house feels empty and quiet and so do I.


Here is a picture of me in the 100% linen shirt I bought when Amanda and I visited the 
US Virgin Islands a while back.
It is so me...all ruffles and bows.
I took this picture and wore it to church last Sunday.
I 💗 linen and ruffles and bows!

I didn't get a single picture of us together.
We were too busy and too tired when the days ended.
I am always so thankful when my daughter comes to visit.


I searched and found a picture of us I really like.
Amanda and her mom in paradise.
That was the trip where we took an excursion over to St. John 
and I bought the shirt in the picture above.












 

No comments: