Sunday, July 21, 2024

that storm last night.


Enki called it dramatic.
I called it wild and crazy with a touch of frenzy.
No one on earth could produce the light and sound and rain that fell upon our town last night. 

The sky got dark and ominous late in the afternoon.
The storm took a while to arrive.
David's family was coming over for pizza, Caesar salad, and homemade brownies.
They had been at Hope Heals Camp in Alabama all week.
I was eager to hear their stories.

The storm was forecast to arrive at seven.
We had plenty of time.
We ate and fellowshipped and came back to the table for dessert.
They left me with a clean kitchen and only a few things to do before it was time to relax.
I wouldn't relax for a while.

The storm was scheduled to be here at seven.
It arrived at eight.
It was still going strong at nine.
Midtown Savannah got 6 inches of rain.
All the normal roads that always flood, flooded.
The lightning and thunder were unrelenting.
It was flashing in my bedroom non-stop like the circus had come to town.
 The thunder rolled and roared like fireworks on the 4th of July.
Rain was beating crazily against my bedroom windows.
I was sure at one point it was raining inside my house.

I have never experienced a thunderstorm like that.
Ever!

This morning dawned beautiful. 
The sun came up and outside was glistening like diamonds.
The fury had moved out to sea and dissipated.

I thanked God for protecting us as I drifted off to sleep. 
I didn't lose my power
(So grateful).
I slept like a baby and woke refreshed.
The storm was the talk of the church this morning.

Wow, just Wow!

More is predicted for this afternoon but not as fierce.
We'll see.
I can't imagine there could be any more lightning or thunder or rain left up there.

⛆⛈🌧⛈




 

No comments: