Wednesday, March 21, 2012

six going on seven


The last 24 hours of my life....

Lucy to ballet.
(She's getting good, really good.)

Lucy and me to Logans
(her choice).
After six games of tic tac toe
we split a steak filet and ate peanuts
and threw the shells on the floor.
"Grammy, did you know that sometimes I eat the shells?"

Lucy and I on a long bike ride.

Then we watched Pete's Dragon
Until way past both of our bedtimes.

Waffles and pecan crunch for breakfast.
I gave her a spa shampoo and blow dry....
right before the bubble bath
in grammy's big tub.

Off to have breakfast for lunch at
The Original Pancake House.
After eight games of tic tac toe,
she had silver dollar pancakes
and I ingested french crepes with strawberries.

A two hour shopping spree
resulted in her finding me
a beautiful pink ruffled top
with,
as she said to me, 
"plenty of room for me to grow."
We then home for another hour long bike ride.

She and I rested together on her bed.
She talked and asked questions while I finished my book,
then she read The Three Little Kittens to me.

After she & I took supper to Estelle & Irving,
we came home to a wonderful steak dinner cooked by granddaddy.

She has gone home now.
I love her very much.
I will go to bed early tonight.
Wonder why?