Sunday, June 17, 2012

happy father's day


Before you consider taking it on,
you should know this.....
The job of
being a father
 is not to be taken lightly.

I can think of no greater joy or honor
 than to be a father.
 A child is a gift from God.
God expects you to
provide for,
 love,
and take care of  His gift to you always.

Special instructions to fathers from the Bible....

"And you, fathers,
do not provoke your children to wrath,
but bring them up
in the training
and admonition of the Lord." 
Ephesians 6:4

There you go.....
Once you have the gift of a child from the Lord,
open up His book and
He will explain to you what you need to do.

Be a man...
But most importantly,
be a godly man.
Seek God in His word
and live that out in front of your children.

That's me up there with my dad when I was about two.
He and I are still together.
Thankful,
cathy





                                                                      

No comments: