Thursday, April 19, 2018

four weeks after


I am finally getting better.
Tomorrow will be four weeks post radiation.
No one told me how bad it would get after it was over.
Today I ate something different....
Broccoli cheese soup.
Believe me, that soup was huge.
Something besides chicken broth.
I am getting my taste back...
a little bit.
On first spoonful I can taste 
but after that, not much.
I am so thankful though for that one little burst.
I am feeling better too.
Getting my desire to do things again.
Bubba laughs at the amount of reading I have done.
Right now I am tackling
Jerusalem by 
Simon Sebag Montefiore

Saturday we are planning Archie's birthday party
complete with our annual Easter egg hunt.
We waited for David and Lucy to get back from the Holy Land.
This is my first big entertaining endeavor since Christmas.
I am excited!!

I saw this quote today....
This is so true.

"Severe trouble in a believer
has the effect of loosening the roots of his soul earthward 
and tightening the anchor-hold of his heart heavenward."
Charles Spurgeon

Jesus is my hope.
He is the anchor that holds in every storm.
I am thankful.




No comments: