Saturday, April 28, 2018

it was a beautiful day for a garage sale


For as long as I can remember,
we have had a storage house.
At one time we had as many as five.
As of the month of May, 2018, we will be officially out of the storage house business.
Bubba spent the whole past week shuttling the stuff in the storage house to our garage.
It is amazing what he can still do! (Thank you God for the strength in this man.)
This is a cause for a real celebration!!

At five am this morning, while I was still snug in the bed, Bubba was setting it up.
He put tables on the driveway.
He lined antiques up along the way.
By seven am when I got out there, the buyers were already coming up to the sale.
Business was steady until one pm at which time we closed the shop.

We couldn't have had a more beautiful day.
We had coats on when we started and by the end of the sale we were warm as toast.
David and Lucy and Harry came out early to help.
Lucy made some apple bars for her bake sale and promptly sold out.
She went home with a pocket full of money.
At one time all the kids were here riding their scooters in and out of the shoppers.
We found a box full of David's old magic tricks.
He was glad to show his kids what a good magician he is.

I know that I am getting better because I lasted the whole sale.
I am so thankful for a whole lot of things today.....
First of all we made $905.00.
This will all go into the 50th Anniversary cruise fund.
The money that was going to pay for the storage house will now go into the cruise fund too.
I am feeling well enough to do a garage sale....this is huge.
Bubba did the majority of the work, but hey...I am getting better!!!
Our Spring has been beautiful.
God is so good in ALL of his ways.
I am just full of thankfulness.

Goal....less than two years....13 people on a cruise....to celebrate 50 years of marriage.


No comments: