Monday, April 16, 2018

Psalm 23


One of my favorite authors is Randy Alcorn.
He wrote the book Heaven which is one of my all time favorites.
His wife Nanci was diagnosed  with colon cancer at the beginning of this year.
She is just now starting her journey with radiation and chemotherapy.
A couple of days ago she wrote a prayer based on the 23rd Psalm.
It touched my heart immensely as I have just been on this same journey.
I'm sharing her prayer here to always remember.
Her prayer mirrors my prayer.
Help me O lord to learn and grow from my cancer.

"Cause me to want nothing more ~ not even good heath ~ than to have You as my Shepherd.

Reveal to me that the pastures and waters to which you lead me are green and still ~
because You are there.

Engage my heart to receive the restoration of my soul by Your Holy Spirit.

Renew my conviction that ~ for Your name's sake ~ righteousness is the direction 
of each path You have for me.

May Your Holy Spirit ~ the Comforter ~ banish all my fears of evil
(being out of control, letting pride inflate me, weakness, pain, loss of plans)
as I walk through this valley.

Open my eyes and my ears to the protection and comfort of Your rod and staff.
Don't let me miss those things and people which You have provided me for this purpose.

Help me experience the table You have prepared for me in the presence of this cancer.

Don't let me overlook ~ or fail to ask for ~ Your every healing drop of oil on my head.

Keep my perspective on my daily overflowing cup of Your
goodness and mercy.

Direct my longing toward my place in Your house forever."

Nanci Alcorn
April 13, 1918

Thank you David for sharing this with me.
It was just what I needed today.

No comments: