Sunday, May 27, 2018

happy memorial day


This is Jake from a few years ago!
Pure joy!
We are having a rainy Memorial Day weekend.
Seems as if the tropics have gone into action already.
That's okay.
Always thankful for the rain.
Our grass is lush
and there is nothing better than a rainy afternoon nap.

Update from Cathy.....
Nine weeks after radiation.
I saw my surgeon on Tuesday last.
He checked out everything in my throat, nose, ears, etc
 with a telescopic device inserted in my nose.
Yes.....this was and is cringe worthy
(every time I allow myself to think of it.)
He said everything looked good and normal.
Very thankful!

My taste is returning slowly, but most everything still seems nasty.
I still pretty much subsist on Panera broccoli-cheese soup and milk shakes.
My severely burned neck has healed completely. (outward)
My severely burned mouth not yet. (inward)
I have stopped losing weight.
An afternoon nap is a must.
Fatigue is my constant companion.
I enjoy being home, quiet.
So much of the time I don't feel like talking.
I know that I am getting better, but have a long way to go.

The trip to visit with Amanda and hers was therapeutic but...
It wore me out.
It was a start though...
A getting back to normal life,
(a little bit.)
Still thankful for the prayers.
(I know some of you are still praying.)

God is so good all of the time.
One learns a ton when down and out.
I am coping well because of His mercy and grace.
I am thankful for my people who have had so much patience with me...
who are committed to seeing me through to the end of this trial.




No comments: